The piece is from a good friend, and absolute trainer "guru", Chris Wiesman. Chris has trained some of the hottest celebrities out there. His article is called "Get Six Pack Abs Fast", but it's not just about getting ripped. His take on the scammy diet industry, and the validity of Truth About Abs further bolsters what I've been saying all along.
At any rate, I'm certainly not back on the "juicing recipes for diets" trip, don't worry.
The last post I wrote was a pretty in depth review of the Breville Juice Fountain Elite, (if you haven't read it click here). Being in review mode, this time I'll take a few moments to recommend and review a set of books that would best compliment the Breville juicer (hopefully you have one by now :)).
In past articles I've preached to high heaven the value of The Juicing Bible, and a guest poster has even thrown 0.02 cents into that praise, so this time I'll focus on another set of juicing manuals, books that go a little deeper into recipes, and the benefits behind them. I'm talking about the Juicing For Life 8 pack.
These books are encyclopedic in their reference text and in the explanations of why juicing is so bloody healthy. They also go into great detail to explain how certain juice concoctions help some serious medical conditions - such as diabetes, high blood pressure, e.t.c... They even have specific juicing recipes statistically shown to help various kinds of cancer. All in all, if you're getting serious about juicing, this 8 pack of books is the penultimate guide to have, sitting right along side your shiny, uber sexy juicer.
Here are some other testimonials I've gathered from around the www, to show what others think of this awesome set of books...
- "really packed full of recipes and information on juicing - as it affects and helps calm certain medical conditions. There are some who think that heredity is the #1 reason for cancer, but this book clearly explains that diet is the #1 reason because how can DNA be strong without good nutrition? How can new cells be built without the life giving force of vitamins and trace minerals? What made cells weak and toxic in the first place?, we hand down our diet from generation to generation!! What is heredity with cellular integrity? I cannot see how this book doesn't become a million dollar seller! I recommend this book highly.....Juice Power!!"
- "I found this book set to be quite interesting and informative. The different recipes that I chose to try from this book were very tasty and my family enjoyed them also.Even if the recipes don't cure the ailments that they are supposed to they get a person to try a healthy diet. I enjoyed this book immensely."
- "If a person WANTS to get well - at all costs except another Doctor's visit, these books are invaluable. I was looking forward to the next 40 years in misery fighting chronic pain. This book was a great help in discovering what I needed to do to stop the cycle. I'm still sticking with green juice until I know for sure everything I can or cannot tolerate, but there is definitely a light at the end of my tunnel! I've been seriously jucing since January 6th and I have been able to get off all meds. Green juice actually nips my migraines in the bud and have not had one develop since January 6th."
Oh, and if you want an absolutely brilliant healthy juicing recipe, Try this!
The Green Goblin
- 1 green or red apple
- 1-2 carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce 1
- 2 large kale leaves
- 1/2 ripe Hawaiian papaya
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 handful of fennel w/stalk