Juicing Recipes and the Leaning Xmas Tree Crisis

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope everyone is having the most perfect season of joy, spending quality time with family, all while maintaining a proper juicing schedule. (I had to say it :))

Juicing Recipes For Health (that's me btw ;)) is painstakingly assembling my incredibly elaborate Christmas tree right now in the living room, before the folks get home and my mother in law arrives from Colorado. Without a doubt I will be making Mom a tasty Xmas juice, complete with tons of special eggnog (so she falls asleep early). That last bit is between you and I, ok?

My current dilemma is this bloody Xmas tree I purchased. It's one of those expensive fake numbers I picked up at a specialty store, and it seriously takes a course in rocket science to properly stand upright. I'd have better luck solving global warming, or so I'm quickly coming to understand. So far it looks like "The Leaning Tower Of Tree", and it's just depressing. Instructions would have been nice, considering the 17,428 moving parts I'm to assemble. Instructions, or a coupon for the therapy I'll eventually need when I give up on the whole affair. I'm joking of course, I'm sure it will be assembled perfectly... once my 12 year old gets home and takes over. ;)

At any rate, I won't bore you with any more admissions of my lack of mechanical skill. What I will do is give you a present of sorts. Thought I'd take a minute to post a video for you all on this wonderful holiday season, because each and every fellow juicing enthusiast among us really should see the latest, greatest, veritable "cat's meow" of juicers, one of the new models of Breville Juicers.

This particular model is the "Dual Disc Juice Processor BJE820XL", which reads more like something you might say when you're fixing a transmission. As an aside, really Breville, come up with some catchy model names already! Enough with the numbers!
OK, rant over. The really awesome thing about this new line is that it juices fruits and veggies with equal prowess. Basically it's the bomb, and I better get one for Christmas. (Said that last part because my wife reads this site too :))

Enjoy the video folks, and if - per chance - the juicer featured makes you want to weep with sheer holiday joy (as I did), click on the little juicer picture here at Ye Ol' Juicing Recipes For Health. (You'll find the pic at the top right corner of the site) The click - added to the wonderment of technology - will whisk you away to a showcase for the better version of the juicer in the video below. The better version is called... wait for it... the "Breville Dual Disc Juice Processor BJE840XL". Yes, I'm shaking my head at yet another model number. Breville, It's a juicer for crying out loud, not a drive shaft replacement. I digress, once more. :)

At any rate, while I go back to struggle with the physics exam that is my Xmas tree, Happy Holidays everyone, be extremely careful on the roads, and I sincerely wish you all the best in the coming New Year!



Orange Eggnog Sans Alcohol!

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Cups chilled orange juice
  • 1-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 Cup milk
  • Pinch salt
  • Nutmeg
How It's Done:
  • First, beat the egg yolks until thick. Continue beating while adding 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Stir in the orange and lemon juice and make sure you blend it well. Now cover this and chill it in the fridge.
  • While your stuff is chilling, it's a fantastic time to beat your egg whites with a pinch of salt until little soft peaks form. Once you hear your egg whites scream for mercy toss in the remaining sugar and beat the crap out of them again, until the whites are stiff.
  • Take out you chilled orange juice concoction and mash it together with your egg whites, beating the crap out of it all some more.
  • Pour into glasses, cups, bowls, or whatever else might float your boat.
  • Sprinkle your servings with some nutmeg and then say Yummy 6 times.
  • If you have the kind of in-laws I do, grab a bit of light rum or Vodka and get ready to add some to each serving, they'll love you for it. Just make sure the kids don't get into the secret "sauce".
  • You're done, bask in the glory as everyone at Xmas dinner admires your amazing ninja kitchen skills.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: