Never Take A Good Juicer For Granted !

Hi there, I'm your juicer. Here's a picture of me back in the day. I'm the one who promised to deliver on all those delicious juicing recipes you wrote down and stuck on the fridge, remember? I haven't seen you since Xmas a few years ago when I showed up under your tree. I miss you. When I first jumped out of the package for you it was such an exciting time - you and the whole family were buzzing on and on about how I could be helpful, and for months I actually was dancing around and doing so many nice things, working so hard. Those were the good old days I tell you. The roaring '07's.

For a while I owned a place near ToasterVille and Coffee Machine Avenue. It was a nice neighborhood - high rent location - minus the occasional microwave emissions. The counter was busy and occasionally my buttons were pushed and I did some quality work. After all, work is what makes me feel useful, it validates my reason for existing. Well it's not like that anymore, and as a result I'm just plain depressed. I'm unemployed, stuck in some low rent housing project - I think they call it "the attic". It's cold here, and quite dark. Kinda spooky to be honest. Often I hear the strangest noises, and sometimes I swear there are spiders crawling all over me. I rarely get any visitors, just the occasional glance when you guys have had too much wine and come up the stairs looking for the old photo albums. It's disgusting. There's dust, old musty clothes hanging around, and I think I even saw a rotary phone and a Pink Floyd record somewhere near by.

They say that the worst feeling isn't being lonely, it's being forgotten by someone you could never forget. They are right.

I wish you would give me another chance, I mean after all, I am a work horse. I can make you healthier, stronger, I can even help you to look better and keep those pesky winter colds away. I can take all those vegetables and fruits you buy at the grocery store and turn them into delicious healthy drinks. After all, most of the time you just let them go bad and then throw them in the trash. You don't have to be embarrassed, sometimes I hear you cursing quietly when you have to throw away the stale broccoli.

Anyway, I will be here in the attic, and that's OK I guess. I hear that my friends are in worse places than my neighborhood. Word has it that my friend "Blender" is stuck in a horrible spot they call "the closet", so I guess I'll be alright. At least there is no dirty old shoes moving in next door.

Here are a few awesome recipes, in case you feel guilty enough to finally put me to work again.;)

Alkaline Drink Juice Recipe
  • 1 orange, 
  • ¼ grapefruit, 
  • ¼ lemon with skin. 
  • Remember to discard the peel from the orange and grapefruit, leaving as much of the white pith on them as possible
Carrot-Cabbage-Celery Combo
  • 2 carrots, 
  • 1 3-inch wedge of cabbage, 
  • 1 stalk of celery
Natural Laxative Juice Recipe
  • 2-3 apples, 
  • 1 pear
Blood Purifier Recipe
  • 3 Golden Delicious or other sweet apples, 
  • 8 strawberries
Nausea Relief Recipe
  • 4 apples, 
  • 1-inch knob of ginger root

recipe source the-natural-path.com

No comments: